2004 John Cooper Works MINI Cooper
- February 25, 2004 – Trevor was built in Oxford, England.
- March 5, 2004 – Trevor was loaded onto the HUAL Triton at the port in Southampton, England.
- March 17, 2004 – The HUAL Triton reaches Baltimore, Maryland.
- March 24, 2004 – The HUAL Triton reaches Brunswick, Georgia.
- March 25, 2004 – The HUAL Triton reaches Charleston, South Carolina where Trevor is unloaded.
- March 29, 2004 – Trevor arrives at Downtown MINI where I see him for the first time.
- March 30, 2004 – Trevor is delivered to me at Downtown MINI.
See Trevor’s Original Specifications.
Trevor is my Indi Blue and White 2004 JCW MINI Cooper which was delivered on March 30, 2004 at Downtown MINI in Orlando, Florida. At that time, it was not yet a JCW Cooper. Read the full story of Trevor’s delivery.
JCW Tuning Kit
MINI announced the John Cooper Works Tuning Kit would be offered in the US shortly after I bought my MINI. But in 2005 I had to opportunity to purchase one. I acquired the John Cooper Works MINI Cooper Tuning Kit No. 475
which was installed at Downtown MINI (now Orlando MINI) on October 28, 2005. Read the full story and see photos of the installation of Trevor’s John Cooper Works Tuning Kit.
Very few JCW MINI Cooper Tuning Kits were made and fewer than 30
were sold in the US. This fact makes Trevor a very rare MINI Cooper. The JCW Tuning Kit included:
- Machined cylinder head,
- “Cat-back” sport exhaust system,
- Improved-flow air filter,
- Cover injection tube,
- Updated ECU programming,
- Rear, side, and engine badges (No. 475).
Shortly after installation I wrote a review of the JCW Tuning Kit. Immediately I noticed three major improvements:
- The sound is deeper with a slight burble, but not too loud.
- The initial hesitation from start is gone.
- Power is more noticeable in the 2000-4000 rpm range.
Since 2004, Trevor has motored over 120,000 miles and has had many motoring adventures. Trevor has visited 18 states: FL, GA, TN, NC, SC, AL, MS, AR, KY, IL, MO, IN, OH, WV, VA, DC, MD, NJ, and PA, plus DC. In February 2005, Trevor motored to the Southernmost Point in the Continental US on the island of Key West, Florida. Trevor has made many runs on the Tail of the Dragon in 2005, 2006, 2010, and 2012. He’s taken laps on the following racetracks:
- Sebring International Raceway (hot laps)
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway (twice)
- Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Charlotte Motor Speedway
I completed the Phil Wicks Ultimate MINI Driving Academy at Sebring International Raceway in 2006.
MINI Takes the States
Trevor has attended at least part of several MINI TAKES THE STATES:
- MINI Takes the States 2006 – Memphis to Jersey City
- MINI Takes the States 2008 – Miami
- MINI Takes the States 2010 – Atlanta to St. Louis
- MINI Takes the States 2012 – Charlotte to Nashville
Other national events attended are MINIs on the Dragon 2005, 2006 and 2015, every Mickey & MINI 2005-2014, and Spring Thing 2005, 2006, 2009, and 2011.
Trevor has received several awards over the years, placing in the following car shows:
- 3rd Place, MINI New Generation, All-British Field Meet. (October 2005)
- 2nd in Class (MINI), Jaguar Club of Florida “Concours in the Park” (September 2005)
- 2nd Place New MINI, Fox Lake British Car Show (September 2005)
- 2nd Place New MINI, Brit Bash at Wickham (November 7, 2009)
- 3rd Place New MINI, Winter Park All British Car Show (April 2, 2011)
In addition, Trevor was the Featured Resume on the MINIUSA.com Owner Network for October 2006.