2012 MINI John Cooper Works Coupe
- August 8, 2011 – I placed the custom order at Orlando MINI.
- October 17, 2011 – Newton was built in Oxford, England.
- October 22, 2011 – Newton departs on the CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY from Southampton, England.
- November 4, 2011 – The CALIFORNIA HIGHWAY arrives in Brunswick, Georgia.
- November 14, 2011 – Newton arrives at Orlando MINI.
- November 15, 2011 – Newton is delivered to me at Orlando MINI.
See Newton’s Original Specifications.
Newton was my Midnight Black and Silver 2012 MINI John Cooper Works Coupe which was delivered on November 15, 2011 at Orlando MINI. Newton was the first MINI Coupe ordered at Orlando MINI and the first JCW Coupe delivered. Dealer-installed accessories were the Black Jack mirror caps, Sport Antenna, and Black Jack valve stem covers.
He visited 8 states: FL, AL, MS, LA, GA, SC, NC, VA, plus DC.
Newton was selected for several car shows and has won three awards:
- 1st Place New MINI, 2012 Winter Park All British Car Show (March 31, 2012)
- Selected for Display, Festivals of Speed – Mission Inn (May 6, 2012)
- Selected for Display, Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend (June 2-3, 2012)
- 1st Place, MINI New Generation, 2012 Safety Harbor All British Field Meet (October 27, 2012)
- Best Import, 2012 Vehicles for Vets Car Show (November 10, 2012)
At the Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend, Newton was evaluated by celebrity judge Chip Foose.
Below are selected photos of Newton. The first is Trevor and Newton in January 2012.
Later in January 2012 I did a night shoot under the lights in a local parking lot.
In April 2012, Newton got a featured spot at Route 46.
Newton under stormy skies.